Am I protected under the ePayments Code?
Suncorp’s Account Switching service requires you to input the login credentials of your other financial institution. Your login credentials are not stored. It is important to know however, that by disclosing these credentials, you could be breaching your other financial institution’s terms and conditions.
While the security of our Account Switching service is robust, any loss of money from your other financial institution that can be associated with the use of this service may not be protected under the ePayments code. You should ensure that your other financial institution permits your use of the service before proceeding.
Commonly asked questions
- What is my Suncorp BSB?
- What are my daily limits, and how do I change it?
- How do I change my name and contact details on my accounts?
- How do I create and add sub-accounts to an existing Everyday Options Account?
- What flexiRates are currently available?
- Where can I find my account number?
- How can I deposit money into my account?