I accidentally spent more money than was in my account, what happens now?
Oops! If you’ve spent more money than you have in your account, it may be overdrawn.
To help reduce your risk of overdrawing again, you can set up an email alert to notify you when your balance falls below a certain amount. To do so:
- Log in to Internet Banking
- Select ‘View/set balance notification’, and
- Follow the prompts to set it up!
If you have two Suncorp Bank accounts (for example, a transaction and savings account), you can also set up an automatic insufficient funds sweep to cover a direct debit, by sweeping funds from another related account.
Commonly asked questions
- What is my Suncorp BSB?
- What are my daily limits, and how do I change it?
- How do I change my name and contact details on my accounts?
- How do I create and add sub-accounts to an existing Everyday Options Account?
- What flexiRates are currently available?
- Where can I find my account number?
- How can I deposit money into my account?