How does the Financial Claims Scheme work?
The Financial Claims Scheme (FCS) is an Australian Government scheme that provides protection and quick access to deposits in banks, buildings societies and credit unions in the unlikely event that one of these financial institutions fails.
Under the FCS, certain deposits are protected up to a limit of $250,000 for each account holder at any bank, building society, credit union or other authorised deposit-taking institution.
Find more information on the website of the Australian Government’s Financial Claims Scheme.
Commonly asked questions
- What is my Suncorp BSB?
- What are my daily limits, and how do I change it?
- How do I change my name and contact details on my accounts?
- How do I create and add sub-accounts to an existing Everyday Options Account?
- What flexiRates are currently available?
- Where can I find my account number?
- How can I deposit money into my account?