Do I need to do anything before closing my bank account?
Before we can close your account, we may check with you if your account is in good order. This means that we may seek confirmation from you that:
- Your account is not overdrawn
- All your direct debits and direct credits, recurring payments, account sweeps and future-dated payments have been cancelled or moved to a different account
- Any uncleared funds, such as Visa Debit pending transactions have been processed
- Outstanding cheques have been presented and cleared
- You have closed and/or unlinked any overdraft facilities, merchant facilities, term deposits, flexiRates, savings accounts or mortgage offsets from the account.
- If the account requires two or more people to authorise the closure of the account, those appropriate individuals must be present to authorise closure.
- You have met any other outstanding responsibilities under the terms & conditions applicable to your account before your account was closed
If you have failed to action or confirm any of the above, Suncorp may ask you to deal with these first before closing your account.
Commonly asked questions
- What is my Suncorp BSB?
- What are my daily limits, and how do I change it?
- How do I change my name and contact details on my accounts?
- How do I create and add sub-accounts to an existing Everyday Options Account?
- What flexiRates are currently available?
- Where can I find my account number?
- How can I deposit money into my account?