Suncorp Station Takeover Competition Conditions
1. This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Suncorp-Metway Ltd, ABN 66 010 831 722 (Suncorp Bank) (“the Promoter”), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 13 11 55. Please direct any postal correspondence to Reply Paid 3999, Sydney NSW 2001.
2. All entry and claim instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry and (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition ("Eligible Entrant").
4. Competition commences at 7:00am on 15 May 2018 and closes at 9:00pm on 17
5. May 2018 ("Competition Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Sydney time.
6. To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Competition Period whilst promotional staff are in attendance:
a. visit one of the Competition's activation sites at the Wynyard Train Station Sydney ("Site") or the Suncorp Pitt St Store ("Store");
b. receive a promotional item from promotional staff at the Site or Store (subject to promotional item stocks remaining on that day at that location), which will contain a hidden message; and
c. reveal the hidden message on the promotional item to see if they are a provisional winner. Provisional winners will have a unique code in their hidden message. Eligible Entrants who are not a provisional winner can enter the second chance draw in accordance with paragraph 8.
7. Eligible Entrants who are a provisional winner (in accordance with the message and unique code on their promotional item) must, between 9:00am on 15 May 2018 and the end of the Competition Period:
a. visit the Store and present the promotional item and winning hidden message to Suncorp Staff at the Store;
b. provide all details and documentation requested, including their first name, surname, the mobile phone number of the phone they have with them, their email address and proof of ID;
c. consent to opt-in to receiving marketing communications from the Promoter and its related entities which use the Suncorp brand;
d. follow the instructions to enter the unique code from their promotional item into the prize machine to reveal onscreen the prize they have won. Each unique code can only be used once; and
e. follow the on screen instructions to claim and receive their prize at the allocated area within the Store.
8. Eligible Entrants who are not a provisional winner (as per paragraph 6) can enter the second chance draw by visiting the unique URL stated on the promotional item received by Eligible Entrants who are not a provisional winner and fully completing the second chance draw entry form. Entry under this provision is conditional upon accurate completion of all details on the form, and entrants must consent to receiving marketing communications from the Promoter and its related entities which use the Suncorp brand. Second chance draw entries must be received by 9:00pm on 24 May 2018.
9. Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Limited to one entry and one prize per person. Any subsequent attempt to claim a prize by the same person after they have already claimed a prize will be invalid. A valid Australian Driver’s Licence or valid identification card will be required for identification purposes and the document number will be recorded. Each entry and entrant must comply with these conditions.
10. Entries and prize claims must be received by the Promoter during the Competition Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under these conditions have been met and at the time the entry is received by the Promoter and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
11. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to request an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
13. There are up to 5000 promotional items to be distributed. Up to 4000 units in total will be randomly distributed at the Site and up to 1000 units in total will be randomly distributed at the Store. Of these:
a. 3205 units will be non-winning; and
b. 1795 units will be winning and will have a unique code. The unique code determines what prize the Eligible Entrant has provisionally won and the prize machine at the Store will reveal this prize.
14. The prizes available are:
a. up to 36 cash prizes, as follows:
i. 1 x $5,000 to be deposited into a Suncorp Bank transaction account in the winner’s name within 30 days from notification of winning the prize;
ii. 9 x $1,000 to be deposited into a Suncorp Bank transaction account in the winner’s name within 30 days from notification of winning the prize;
iii. 16 x $500 to be deposited into a Suncorp Bank transaction account in the winner’s name within 30 days from notification of winning the prize;
iv. 10 x $250 to be deposited into a Suncorp Bank transaction account in the winner’s name within 30 days from notification of winning the prize;
b. up to 1759 x Piggy Banks valued at $3 each, which will be awarded to each relevant winner at the time they claim their prize.
15. The total prize pool is valued at up to $29,777 AUD including GST as at 20 April 2018. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
16. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by prize provider), for whatever reason.
17. If a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
18. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
19. All prizes are subject to the conditions imposed by the relevant prize supplier, including periods of validity.
20. Prize winners determined during the Competition Period must claim their prize in person at the allocated area within the Store as specified in paragraph 7 by the end of the Competition Period and they cannot claim after this time. All unique codes will be invalid after this time and not redeemable.
21. Second chance draw prize winners must claim their prize in accordance with paragraph 30 below.
22. Prize winners will be notified in writing and in person at the time of winning or, for second chance draw prize winners, in writing and by phone within two days of the second chance draw. Winners of prizes valued at $500, $1,000 or $5,000 will have their name and State/Territory of residence published at http://www.suncorp.com.au/pittstreet by 31 May 2018.
23. The prize(s) will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
24. Where a winner wins a cash prize to be deposited into a Suncorp Bank transaction account, they will need to either already hold a Suncorp Bank transaction account or successfully open the account within 30 days from notification of winning the prize and must provide all details to the Promoter as specified in regards to the relevant Suncorp Bank account
25. Where a prize winner needs to open a Suncorp Bank transaction account they will need to comply with Suncorp Bank’s usual account opening procedures including:
a. completing and signing an account opening form;
b. receiving a Product Information Document and any relevant Terms and Conditions for the relevant account; and
c. being identified as required by Suncorp Bank.
26. In relation to Suncorp Bank transaction accounts, banking products are issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL No 229882 Australian Credit Licence 229882 (Suncorp Bank). Approved applicants only. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply and are available on request. Please read the applicable Product Information Document before making any decisions about a product. Contact the Promoter for a copy.
27. If any of the cash prizes are un-won or not claimed by the end of the Competition Period, a second chance draw will be held at 9.00am on Friday 25 May 2018 at the Promoter's office at 266 George Street, QLD. The second chance draw will include all valid second chance draw entries. Each un-won cash prize will be distributed to the next valid entry randomly drawn in descending order of value until all un-won cash prizes are awarded. Winner/s in the second chance draw will be informed in accordance with paragraph 22.
28. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in the second chance draw and record them in order, in case a winning entry/entrant is deemed invalid, or a prize is unclaimed ("Reserve Entrants").
29. If any of the Piggy Bank prizes are un-won or not claimed by the end of the Competition Period, they will be distributed to patrons at the Store at the Promoter's discretion.
30. If a prize awarded via the Second Chance Draw has not been accepted or claimed by 5:00pm on Monday 27 August 2018, or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter can't contact a second chance draw winner by this time and date, the relevant entry will be discarded and the Promoter will re-award the relevant prize/s to Reserve Entrant/s and/or carry out an unclaimed prize draw at 9:00am on Wednesday 29 August 2018 at the same location as the original second chance draw to distribute the relevant prize/s. Any winner/s will be notified in writing and by phone within two days of the draw and any winner/s of prizes valued at $500, $1,000 or $5,000 will have their name and State/Territory of residence published at http://www.suncorp.com.au/pittstreet by Friday 31 August 2018.
31. Second chance draw/unclaimed prize draw winners must comply with all relevant terms of these terms and conditions in relation to verifying the validity of their entry and receiving their prize. All references to "winner" and "prize" in these terms and conditions are deemed to apply respectively to second chance draw/unclaimed prize draw winners and prizes awarded via the second chance draw/unclaimed prize draw.
32. There will be a total of up to 5000 promotional items distributed.
33. Printing and other quality control errors outside the Promoter’s control will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Every prize claim in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured, unless the claim is rejected due to fraud or ineligibility under these conditions.
34. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
35. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
36. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
37. A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
38. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
39. The winner(s) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
40. Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose entrants’ personal information and/or collect personal information about entrants from persons overseas to engage in its business functions and activities and for the purposes detailed in this statement. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
41. By claiming a prize or by entering the second chance draw,, the entrant also consents to the retention of their personal information so that the Promoter and any related companies that use the Suncorp Corporate Services brand (“we”/”us”) may use this information from time to time to let the entrant know about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Entrants may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time using information contained in a marketing message or by making a request during a telephone call.
42. Competition permits: NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/23790.