Dream Machine $100k Giveaway Competition Conditions
1. This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Suncorp-Metway Ltd, ABN 66 010 831 722 (Suncorp Bank) (“the Promoter”), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 13 11 55. Please direct any postal correspondence to Reply Paid 3999, Sydney NSW 2001
2. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry and (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition ("Eligible Entrant").
4 Competition entry commences at 8:30am on 14 December 2017 and closes at 9:00pm on 14 December 2017 or when prizes have run out (whichever occurs first) ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Sydney time.
5. To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period:
a. Visit the Competition's activation site ("Site") in the Pitt Street Mall Sydney;
b. When asked by Suncorp Promotional Staff located at the Site, supply their first name, surname and the mobile phone number of the phone they have with them, what their dream is, and agree to these Competition conditions by a check box. Eligible Entrants' details will be entered into a device by Promotional Staff in order to receive a promotional SMS to the Eligible Entrants' mobile phone. By entering, Eligible Entrants consent to receiving this electronic message at no charge;
c. Receive the promotional SMS, including a unique 4-digit pin number. The pin number will be active during the Entry Period; and
d. Visit one of the four Prize Machines at the Site and enter the pin number as specified, to see what prize the Eligible Entrant has provisionally won. Each pin number can only be used once at a Prize Machine. Each Eligible Entrant will receive a prize ticket which clearly displays the prize they have provisionally won and the Eligible Entrant’s name.
6. All Eligible Entrants who complete the steps in paragraph 5 above are eligible to win the prize specified on their prize ticket, subject to verification.
7. To verify their entry and claim their prize, after completing steps 5.a– 5.d above, Eligible Entrants must, before 9:00pm on 14 December 2017, visit the allocated area within the Suncorp Store Pitt Street Mall Sydney in person, provide all requested details to verify their entry including showing their prize ticket and promotional SMS and providing their name, mobile number, email address and any other details requested.
8. Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Limited to one entry and one prize per person. Any subsequent entry from the same person after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid. Each entry must comply with these conditions.
9. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under paragraph 5 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
10. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to request an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
12. There are up to 1106 prizes to be won that will be randomly dispensed by the Prize Machines throughout the Entry Period. The prizes available are:
a. 2 x $20,000 to be deposited into a Suncorp Bank transaction account in the winner’s name within 30 days from notification of winning the prize;
b. 4 x $5,000 to be deposited into a Suncorp Bank transaction account in the winner’s name within 30 days from notification of winning the prize;
c. 500 x $50 Suncorp Bank EFTPOS Prepaid cards which will be awarded to each relevant winner at the time they claim the prize; and
d. 600 x $25 Suncorp Bank EFTPOS Prepaid cards which will be awarded to each relevant winner at the time they claim the prize. PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE(S) GENERALLY
13. The total prize pool is valued at up to $100,000 AUD including GST as at 16 November 2017. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
14. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
15. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
16. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, nonrefundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
17. All prizes are subject to the conditions imposed by the relevant prize supplier, including periods of validity.
18. Prize winners must claim their prize in person at the allocated area within the Suncorp Store Pitt Street Mall Sydney as specified in paragraph 7. Prizes must be claimed by 9:00pm on the day of the Competition and cannot be claimed after this time. All promotional SMS' and prize tickets will be invalid after this time and not redeemable.
19. Prize winners of the $5,000 and $20,000 prizes will be notified in writing and in person. Winners of prizes valued at $5,000 and $20,000 will have their name and State/Territory of residence published at www.suncorp.com.au/pittstreet by 28 December 2017.
20. The prize(s) will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
21. Where a prize winner needs to open a Suncorp Bank transaction account they will need to either already hold a Suncorp Bank transaction account or successfully open the account within 30 days from notification of winning the prize and must provide all details to the Promoter as specified in regards to the relevant Suncorp Bank account.
22. Where a prize winner needs to open a Suncorp Bank transaction account they will need to comply with Suncorp Bank’s usual account opening procedures including: a. completing and signing an account opening form; b. receiving a Product Information Document and any relevant Terms and Conditions for the relevant account; and c. being identified as required by Suncorp Bank.
23. In relation to Suncorp Bank transaction accounts, banking products are issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL No 229882 Australian Credit Licence 229882 (Suncorp Bank). Approved applicants only. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply and are available on request. Please read the applicable Product Information Document before making any decisions about a product. Contact us for a copy. GENERAL
24. There will be a total of up to 1106 prize tickets printed.
25. Printing and other quality control errors outside the Promoter’s control will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Every prize claim in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured, unless the claim is rejected due to fraud or ineligibility under these conditions.
26. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
27. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
28. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
29. A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
30. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation:
(i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss;
(ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and
(iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
31. The winner(s) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise. PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
32. Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose entrants’ personal information and/or collect personal information about entrants from persons overseas to engage in its business functions and activities and for the purposes detailed in this statement. Prize winners who won a prize valued at $5,000 and $20,000 will have their name published on the Competition Website at www.suncorp.com.au/pittstreet for a minimum of 28 days. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
33. If an entrant has marked the “opt-in” box on the entry or prize claim form, the entrant also consents to the retention of their personal information so that the Promoter and any related companies that use the Suncorp Corporate Services brand (“we”/”us”) may use this information from time to time to let the entrant know about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Entrants may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time using information contained in a marketing message or by making a request during a telephone call.
34. Competition permits: NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/20315.