Everyday Essentials Account
A basic day-to-day transaction account for holders of concession and health care cards or recipients of government income support.
Why choose the Everyday Essentials Account?
With no transaction or account keeping fees, the Everyday Essentials Account makes banking accessible. Whether you prefer to bank online, in branch, or on the go, this account gives you access to your money when and where you want it.
- No monthly account keeping fees
- No minimum balance required
- 0% foreign currency conversion fees2 on Visa Debit card purchases online or overseas
- Prevents most transactions from overdrawing your account.3
With so many ways to access your money
There's no interest paid on money in this account however, if you're saving for a goal and would like to earn interest, you may also like to open one of our Saving Accounts.
This account could be right for you if you are:
- a holder of a Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card or Commonwealth Seniors Health Card; or
- a recipient of a Centrelink/Government income support payment.
Account owners must be 11 years or older (unless otherwise stated on the Product Information Document).
To be eligible for a Suncorp Bank Visa Debit card you must be 16 years of age or older. If you are not eligible, you will receive a Suncorp Bank eftpos card instead.
Things you should know
Deposit Products are issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd (“Suncorp Bank”) ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL No 229882. Please read the Product Information Document for Personal Deposit Accounts before opening an account. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply and are available on request.
Account Switching Self-Service Terms and Conditions can be viewed here.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, iPhone and the App Store are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Android, Google Pay and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
1. To be eligible for a Suncorp Bank Visa Debit card you must be 16 years of age or older. If not eligible you will receive a Suncorp Bank eftpos card.
2. When using a Suncorp Visa Debit Card online or overseas.
3. Some transactions which may cause the account to become overdrawn include fees and other transactions that occur when Suncorp Bank is processing offline. If your account becomes overdrawn and has a negative balance we will not charge overdrawn fees or interest on the Everyday Essentials account.
# Terms and conditions apply. Find out more on our Suncorp Bank ATMs page.
† From 31 December 2021 an ATM operator fee will be charged for any ATM withdrawal or enquiry made on a rediATM network ATM.
Includes over 1,500 Suncorp Bank & Bendigo Bank ATMs
payWave accepted for purchases over $100, however you’ll be required to enter your PIN.