Suncorp Customer Support Team on the ground to assist
6 February 2019
The team of claims experts are available to customers from 9am to 5pm daily, and can be located at The Community Recovery Centre, Ground Floor, State Government Building, 187-209 Stanley Street (corner of Stanley and Walker Streets), Townsville.
Customers of Suncorp Insurance, AAMI, Apia, GIO, Shannons, Vero and Bingle can visit the team to lodge their claim and speak face-to-face with claims managers.
Spokesperson Ashleigh Paterson said the Customer Support Teams would help the insurer expedite the claims process for customers in the affected areas.
“Our team can arrange emergency makesafe work, organise temporary accommodation for customers whose homes have been severely damaged and provide cash payments to make emergency purchases,” Ms Paterson said.
“Customers can still lodge their claims online or by phoning our call centre on 13 25 24. You don’t need to be at home or have a copy of your policy to lodge your claim – we will have your details on file. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can start the recovery process.
“Also, you don’t need to wait for an assessor to come to your home to begin cleaning up. If you have damaged goods or contents, please take a photo of them. If your carpet is flood damaged, rip it up and take it outside, but keep a sample. Also, make sure you keep a record of model numbers or serial numbers of items you are throwing away to help us replace them.
“Please continue to take every safety precaution as you’re inspecting any damage. Your safety must be your number-one priority.”
Tips for customers:
If you have been able to safely return to your home:
- Ensure electricity and gas supplies are switched off before re-entering.
- Do your best to dry out your home or business by keeping it as ventilated as possible.
- Get wet contents out of the house and make a list of damaged items.
Prepare for your claim:
- If you have damaged goods or contents, take a photo of them.
- Feel free to throw away all spoiled food in your refrigerator – do not wait for an assessor to come to your home. Take a picture.
- If your carpet is flood damaged, please rip it up and take it outside, but please keep a sample to help us replace it.
- Keep a record of model numbers or serial numbers of items you are throwing away to help us replace them.