Suncorp Bank’s top tips for turning your life digital
Thursday, 29 October 2015
Over the last decade, digital technologies have continued to transform the way we live, work and communicate. But with a digital answer to almost every question, it is easy to become overwhelmed by the volume of online options.
Suncorp Bank Head of Digital, Simon Clarke, said new technology brings endless opportunities for consumers to enrich and improve their lives.
"Companies are investing more time and resources in getting their online services right, so turning digital has never been easier," Mr Clarke said.
"From fitness, shopping, banking, transport, and even having a good night's rest, there is a digital solution for almost every daily task.
"If you are unsure where to start in the digital realm, take baby steps to see what works for you. It won't take long before you wonder how you ever lived without it."
Suncorp Bank, which was recently identified by Roy Morgan research as having the highest customer satisfaction for its internet banking services, has put together five of the best tips for turning your life digital.
Suncorp Bank’s top tips for turning your life digital:
- Shopping digitally – Shop soundly with a digital wallet like Visa Checkout which allows you to pay online by entering a single username and password, removing the hassle and security risk of entering your personal card and shipping details online. You can enrol for Visa Checkout at participating banks.
- Operating your business digitally – Take advantage of cloud solutions to run your business from anywhere, at anytime. You can access your information from any device and be confident that your data is protected in the instance of computer theft or natural disaster.
- Banking digitally – Mobile banking applications offer many useful features to achieve your banking needs on the go. Biometric technology, such as fingerprint login, makes it easier to access your account balances and money in the case of an emergency whilst also offering advanced security.
- Communicating digitally – As a golden rule, never say anything on a digital or social platform that you wouldn’t say in person. Everything, including private messages, is recorded.
- Running families digitally – Set up an automatic transfer to pay into a designated savings account for all household expenses. That way, when your monthly bill comes around you have money ready to pay for it. You could also try buying your groceries online. Most online grocery sites have saved lists and delivery notification apps to help you save both time and money by only purchasing the things you need.
About Suncorp: Suncorp Group includes leading general insurance, banking, life insurance and superannuation brands in Australia and New Zealand. The Group has 14,500 employees and relationships with nine million customers. Suncorp Group Limited is a Top 20 ASX-listed company with $94 billion in assets. Suncorp Bank is Australia’s leading regional bank servicing more than one million personal, SME and agribusiness customers.