Suncorp NetSetGO is Netball Australia’s only junior entry netball program. It provides children from 5 to 10 years with a positive introduction to netball, incorporating skill activities, minor games, music, dance and modified matches.
Suncorp NetSetGO focuses on learning fundamental movement skills and building overall motor skills. Fundamental movement skills are the building blocks of success in sport and life-long enjoyment of physical activity, and children who develop them are more likely to engage in activity both as children, and later as adults. The program is delivered in a fun and safe environment and is coordinated by accredited coaches to ensure all participants have a quality experience.
Suncorp NetSetGO consist of three tiers – Net (5-6 year olds), Set (7-8 year olds) & GO (9-10 year olds).
Suncorp NetSetGO Centre of the Term
The 2018 Suncorp NetSetGO Centre of the Term competition gives all registered centres the chance to win a visit and netball clinic with former Australian Diamonds player, Clare McMeniman and a Suncorp Super Netball player. We’re looking for Suncorp NetSetGO centres that provide a positive, supportive, safe and nurturing environment for young girls and boys.
To enter, tell us in 150 words or less, how your centre has:
- helped young children have fun while gaining life skills through netball
- introduced netball skills through fun, social and safe activities
- developed young children’s confidence
- encouraged young child to collaborate and work as part of a team
You can be creative as possible, adding photographs or videos to your entry.
At the end of each school term the winning Suncorp NetSetGO Centre will be selected. The entry periods are as follows:
- Term 1 – 5th February – 6th April. Winner announced 23rd April
- Term 2 – 23rd April – 6th July. Winner announced 23rd July.
- Term 3 – 23rd July – 21st September. Winner announced 8th October.
- Term 4 – 8th October - 30th November. Winner announced 14th December.
Sign-up for the latest tips, tools and articles from #TeamGirls.