Are you ready for MySuper?
- A key component of the federal government’s ‘MySuper’ reforms came into effect on 1 January 2014.
- If you haven’t previously told us how you’d like your super invested, from 1 January your contributions must be invested in a MySuper investment option. Suncorp’s MySuper investment option is the Suncorp Lifestage Fund.
- If you don’t want us to invest your future contributions in the Suncorp Lifestage Fund, you need to tell us.
Are you a ‘MySuper’ customer?
If you’re a Suncorp WealthSmart Personal Super or Pension customer, you’re not affected by MySuper and don’t need to do anything.
If your super is in your employer’s plan and you haven’t previously told us how you’d like your super invested, from 1 January 2014 we’ll invest your contributions in the new Suncorp Lifestage Fund, our MySuper investment option.
If you fall into this category, you’ll have received by mail in November a letter, a MySuper Information Guide and an Investment Choice form.
If you’re not a MySuper customer, you don’t need to do anything.
What options do MySuper customers have?
- If you’re happy for your super contributions to be invested in the Suncorp Lifestage Fund from 1 January 2014, you don’t need to do anything.
- If you don’t want us to invest your future contributions in the Suncorp Lifestage Fund please fill in and return an Investment Change form to us.
Learn more about the Suncorp Lifestage Fund.
Want to know more about MySuper?
Take a look at our website suncorp.com.au/mysuper or talk to your financial adviser about the best option for you.
This information is current as at 5 November 2013 and may be subject to change. It has been prepared without taking into account a person’s objectives, financial situation or needs. For that reason, before acting on this information, a person should consider its appropriateness having regard to their own objectives, financial situation and needs. Where the information relates to the acquisition, or possible acquisition, of a particular product, a person should read and consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) in deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold, the products.
Suncorp WealthSmart Personal Super, Suncorp WealthSmart Business Super, Suncorp WealthSmart Pension and Suncorp Everyday Super are provided by Suncorp Portfolio Services Limited ABN 61 063 427 958 (Trustee). Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 (Suncorp Bank) is not liable or responsible for, and does not guarantee or otherwise support, Suncorp Everyday Super accounts. Suncorp Everyday Super accounts are not a bank deposit product.