Why choose Brighter Super pension?
- I want a fuss-free pension account full of great features and bright ideas
- I want a broad investment menu to choose from – but also the option of letting my fund make the investment decisions
- I want competitive fees and value for money
What are the main benefits of a Brighter Super pension?
- Build your own investment portfolio
- Or let us do the work with investments that automatically adjust to suit your age
- Cash options available
- Check your balance in your secure online account
- Keep up to date with your account via your mobile device
- A rewards program, giving you great discounts on retail, entertainment and travel
- Easy to open an account – just talk to your adviser
- You choose how much you want to receive and how often (subject to legislative requirements)
It’s your money, so Brighter Super pension puts you in control of managing your retirement cash flow.
Subject to satisfying the applicable legislative requirements, you can:
- Withdraw your super benefits as a lump sum or as ongoing pension payments
- Choose to receive your payments either bi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly
- You decide from which of your investment options you’d like your pension drawn from
What fees would you pay with a Brighter Super pension?
Up to 0.65% of your account balance (less any applicable administration fee discount – see below). The administration fee is 0.65% for monies invested in the Suncorp Lifestage Fund, 0% if invested in the Suncorp Cash Fund and 0.55% for all other options.
The administration fee is calculated on the average value of your account balance for the month. It’s deducted by withdrawing units from your account effective on or near the last day of the month.
0.05% per year for balances between $100,000 and $250,000
0.15% per year for balances between $250,000 and $500,000
0.20% per year for balances over $500,000
0.05% per year
0.15% per year
0.20% per year
Ranges from 0.00% per year to 1.39% pa, depending on the investment option(s) you've chosen.
This fee is included in the daily unit price calculation for each investment option.
nil to 1.39% per year
Ranges from nil to +/-0.40%. This fee is reflected in the buy and sell unit price of each investment option.
nil to 0.4%
*Balances invested in the Suncorp Cash Fund and the Suncorp Lifestage Fund are not included for administration fee discount purposes.
Other fees and cost may apply to your account. Please refer to Suncorp Brighter Super Personal and Pension PDS and Product Guide for more details.
Investment flexibility and control
This is one of the great things about Brighter Super pension – you’ve got real flexibility. For example you could start off by choosing to let us do all the work with our diversified multi-manager Suncorp Lifestage Fund. And then down the track you (with or without a financial adviser’s help) could start to build a more tailored portfolio from our choice of around 50 investment options.
Prefer to keep things simple?
With our Suncorp Lifestage Funds, deciding how to invest your super money couldn't be easier. In fact, you don't have to do a thing.
First, we allocate you a diversified investment mix based on you age, so you’re not putting all your eggs in one basket. Then we automatically change your investment mix over time to suit your changing needs and risk appetite. When you're younger we'll put more of your money in growth investments like shares and property, and as you get older we'll put more of your money in income investments better suited to more risk-averse investors with shorter time horizons.
Fund. The actual investment mix may differ from that shown here. You can find the latest actual investment mix for your Suncorp
Lifestage Fund in the monthly Suncorp Everyday Super investment options asset allocation report available by clicking here
If you’d rather build your own Brighter Super investment portfolio (perhaps with your financial adviser’s help), then you can choose from our broad range of 13 diversified and 35 single-sector options. They bring together the skills of our investment partner Morningstar and expertise from a variety of other high quality Australian and overseas investment managers.
As well as the Suncorp Lifestage Fund (where the investment mix is automatically tailored to your age range and risk profile), you can choose from two diversified conservative investment options as well as the Suncorp Cash Fund.