Meet with an adviser
Your first appointment with a Suncorp Financial Planner will go for approximately one hour and is FREE of cost and obligation.
During this appointment you will gain an understanding of the benefits of having a financial plan. If you choose to proceed, your Financial Planner will explain any fees and charges applicable. A fee will be payable if a financial plan is prepared.
What to bring to your first meeting
Your Financial Planner will discuss this with you, but generally speaking, you will need:
- a list of current investments, debts and income
- superannuation statements
- insurance policies
- bank statements
- an outline of your short and long-term goals
- any questions you wish to ask.
Questions to consider asking your financial planner
It's useful to have a think about what you want to achieve from your meeting with your financial planner, some questions may include:
- What qualifications and experience do you have?
- What can I expect from this meeting?
- What fees do you charge?
- What products can you offer me?
- What investment strategies should I consider?
- How can I make sure I have enough for my retirement?
- How can I protect my family, income and assets if something happens to me?
- What are the next stages after this meeting?
What can you expect from a Suncorp Financial Planner?
1. Establish your financial situation & identify your goals
Your first obligation FREE appointment is an opportunity to discuss your needs and goals with a qualified professional, who can explain strategies simply and provide tailored advice and assistance.
2. Customise a plan that best suits you
When you choose to proceed, your Suncorp Financial Planner will prepare a personalised financial plan, with recommended strategies to help you meet your financial goals.
3. Review your insurance cover
Any financial plan should include adequate insurance protection. This will help to protect you and your family's financial future.
4. Implement your financial plan
Once you're satisfied with your customised plan, your Suncorp Financial Planner will manage the implementation of the plan, keeping you informed along the way.
5. Review your financial plan
We recommend that you review your financial plan every 12 months. Regular contact with your planner allows you to keep your financial plan on track.
See what to expect from a Financial Planner for more information.
- Get covered for life
An educational guide which explains why life insurance is so important for you and your family. It also provides an overview of the different types of life insurance strategies available.
- Thinking about retirement
A guide to help you plan and fund your retirement lifestyle.
- Get to know your super
A guide to help you create wealth through investing in superannuation.
- Financial Planning Brochure
An informational brochure on Financial Planning to take control and secure your lifestyle including; when to see a financial planner, how can a Financial Planner help, why choose a Suncorp Financial Planner, what to expect, and details of your obligation FREE appointment and how to book now.