Suncorp Insurance is genuinely committed to protecting Queensland motorists. That...
Community Grant Scheme Announcement
As part of its commitment to improving road safety, reducing crime and increasing community safety, Suncorp Insurance have partnered with Queensland Police Service to develop the Community Grant Scheme (Road Safety Crime and Prevention).
Suncorp Insurance will invest $400,000 over the next two years to support the program which offers grants of up to $10,000 per application to develop and implement road safety and crime prevention projects.
Grants will be offered state-wide to not-for-profit organisations, local government councils, community groups as well as members of the Queensland Police Service and PCYCs working in partnership with the community.
The objectives of the grant scheme are:
- To facilitate the development of community projects aimed at improving road safety and reducing and preventing crime.
- To promote community participation, partnerships and a shared responsibility for road safety and crime prevention.
- To help strengthen community capacity to create local solutions to improve road safety and prevent and reduce crime.
All applicants must be either:
- An incorporated not-for-profit organisation OR
- Local government councils OR
- Organisations sponsoring an unincorporated not-for-profit organisation OR
- Community group OR<
- Members of the Queensland Police Service (QPS) or Police Citizens Youth Club (PCYC), working in partnership with community.
All grant applicants must specify a grant category (road safety or crime prevention) and identify and address a specific road safety or crime prevention issue within their local community.
Further information regarding how you can apply for a grant will be available here from 1 June, with applications closing on 15 July 2011.
Visit this site for further details on how you can apply from 1 June.