Home Safety Tips
Helpful hints for home security
Having security on your Home can act as a precautionary measure to protect you against burglary and theft. Installing a minimum level of security can make all the difference to help prevent an intruder coming into your Home when unattended, such as:
- key-operated two-cylinder deadlocks fitted to all external hinged doors and/or
- key-operated lock or patio bolts fitted to all external sliding doors
PLUS one of the following:
- key-operated single cylinder window locks fitted to all accessible windows
- security grills or security screens fitted to all accessible windows
- local type burglar alarm system installed in the home
In addition to these measures, here are some easy steps to assist in making your home safer.
- Always lock all outside doors and windows when you go out, even if you are only going to be away for 10 minutes.
- Lock your external garage or garden shed with a quality key-operated lock or padlock.
- If you go out at night, leave some internal lights and a radio on.
- Trim trees and shrubs around windows.
- Do not leave keys hidden outside your house.
- If you are in the garden or watching TV, lock up parts of the house you can't keep an eye on.
- Lock away ladders, garden tools and bicycles.
- If you have a lot of jewellery, valuable documents, cash or other negotiable items, consider installing a safe or a burglar alarm.
- Never leave notes for people telling them you are out and when you will be back.
The most common entry points for a burglary are the garage, followed by the bedroom and kitchen.
- garage doors and windows are closed when you are in another part of the house and secured and locked when you are out
- windows and sliding doors in bedrooms and the kitchen are closed and properly secured when you are away from home.
Product Disclosure Statement
All Home and Contents insurance is issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as Suncorp Insurance. Please read the Product Disclosure Statement before you make any decisions regarding the product. Contact us for a copy.
Insurance is issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as Suncorp Insurance. Please read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement before making any decision regarding this product. Click here for a copy.