Fire Safety Tips
Here are just a few of the precautions recommended by the QLD Fire and Rescue Service to protect you, your family and your home:
- Take extra care when assessing the level of risk from intruders so that it also provides for a planned safe means of escape for your family should there be a fire.
- Make sure keys to all locked doors are readily accessible if you have deadlocks fitted.
- Make sure each and every window and door can be quickly opened when required.
- Install an adequate number of suitable smoke alarms and test them regularly. Don't forget to replace the battery in each smoke alarm at least once a year.
- Have a written escape plan in case of fire and practise it regularly.
- Never leave cooking or any other open flame unattended.
- Never smoke in bed and take extra care if consuming alcohol while smoking.
- Store all flammable liquids in purpose-designed containers.
- Fit a fire extinguisher in the home.
- Regularly clean the lint filter of your clothes dryer.
- In winter take extra care when using heaters, electric blankets or open fires. Do not exceed the manufacturer's recommended use by date for electric blankets.
- Don't overload power points. Switch off appliances when not in use.
- Always keep lighters and matches away from children.
- Keep emergency numbers in a very visible place and educate all members of the family how to call for help and escape from fire.
Product Disclosure Statement
All Home and Contents insurance is issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as Suncorp Insurance. Please read the Product Disclosure Statement before you make any decisions regarding the product. Contact us for a copy.
Tips and Tools
Insurance is issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as Suncorp Insurance. Please read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement before making any decision regarding this product. Click here for a copy.