Before accessing our site, you need to carefully read the following information:
- Suncorp Group
- General Information
- Non-Australian Residents
- Withdrawal of Products and Services
- Terms and Conditions and Fees and Charges
- Group Responsibility
- Security and Privacy
- Commercial Use of site information
- No use of site for unrelated persons
- Risk Management Products
- Insurance Policies
- Application of laws
- Web Site Activity
- Product Disclosure Statements & Product Information Documents
- Linking to Suncorp website
This site provides information about the various financial products and services offered by members of the Suncorp Group. The Suncorp Group is comprised of Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 and its subsidiaries and related companies. The following companies of the Suncorp Group offer the following products and services:
- Suncorp-Metway Ltd issues banking products and services which includes loans and deposits;
- Suncorp Metway Insurance Ltd ABN 83 075 695 966 issues general insurance products;
- GIO General Ltd ABN 22 002 861 583 (referred to in this site as "GIO") issues general insurance products
- GIO Workers Compensation (NSW) Limited ABN 79 054 523 698 issues workers compensation insurance;
- Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited ABN 87 073 979 530 issues life insurance products and promotes "Suncorp Easy Invest", an investor directed portfolio service operated by Macquarie Investment Management Limited ABN 66 002 867 003, Australian Financial Services Licence No. 237 492;
- Suncorp Financial Services Pty Ltd ABN 50 010 844 621 provides financial product advice on Suncorp Group products and services;
- Suncorp Portfolio Services Limited ABN 61 063 427 958 is the trustee of Suncorp Easy Super; and
- Suncorp Metway Advances Corporation Pty Ltd ABN 89 100 845 127 issues equipment finance products.
A reference in our site to Suncorp is a reference to Suncorp-Metway Ltd and its subsidiaries and related companies collectively and individually. The entities in the Suncorp Group that provide other products or services will be identified in this site, where necessary.
These terms and conditions and the rights and remedies arising from them, are for the benefit of each entity of the Suncorp Group and their directors, officers, employees, consultants and associates.
The information appearing in this site is for general information only and does not constitute an offer or an intention to enter into a legally binding contract.
The products and services described in this site are not available in countries or to residents of countries, where it is unlawful to provide the information included in this site or where it is unlawful to offer the products and services described in this site. Also, the availability of some products and services may be limited to Australian residents only and may also be limited to residents of certain States or Territories of Australia only. The information provided in this site has been provided in accordance with Australian laws only and may not satisfy the laws of other countries. Overseas residents may contact the Suncorp Group by email for further assistance regarding the availability of the products and services described in this site.
The products and services described in this site can be withdrawn or varied at any time without notice. All information regarding the products and services described in this site can be withdrawn or varied without notice. While every care has been taken in producing the information on this site, the Suncorp Group does not guarantee the accuracy of any such information and it should not be relied upon as being accurate or complete.
Terms and conditions apply to all products and services described in this site and may be varied at any time without notice. Fees and charges also apply to all products and services and may be varied at any time without notice except where notice is required under any law or code in which case we will give you the required notice. Government charges, taxes and duties may also apply. Full details of the terms and conditions and the fees and charges are available on request from the Suncorp Group.
All applications for any products or services described in this site are subject to an approval process.
Benefits payable and obligations incurred under general insurance products issued by Suncorp Metway Insurance Ltd are provided and incurred solely by Suncorp Metway Insurance Ltd. Benefits payable and obligations incurred under general insurance products issued by GIO General Ltd are provided and incurred solely by GIO General Ltd. Benefits payable and obligations incurred under life insurance products are provided and incurred solely by Suncorp Life and Superannuation Limited. Obligations incurred under managed investment schemes are incurred solely by Suncorp Metway Investment Management Limited. Benefits payable and obligations incurred under superannuation products are provided and incurred solely by Suncorp Superannuation Pty Ltd.
Suncorp-Metway Ltd and any other subsidiaries do not guarantee the benefits payable or assume any obligation or liability including the repayment of any premium under any general or life insurance products or in relation to repayment of capital or investment performance of any managed investment scheme, superannuation product or any investor directed portfolio service. Investments in, or contributions to, life or general insurance products, superannuation products, managed investment schemes or any investor directed portfolio service are not bank deposits or other liabilities of Suncorp-Metway Ltd. They are subject to investment risk, including possible delays in repayment and loss of income and principal invested. Entities in the Suncorp Group are not responsible or liable in respect of products or services provided by other entities in the Suncorp Group and do not guarantee the obligations or liabilities of those entities.
- Except for responsibilities implied by law which cannot be excluded, the Suncorp Group is not responsible for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred by you as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in relation to this site.
- The Suncorp Group is not responsible for any other sites you may access via links provided on this site. Unless otherwise stated, those links do not represent any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by the Suncorp Group of the owners or operators of those other web sites, or of any information, products or services referred to on those other web sites. Any links provided to other sites are for convenience only. Those sites may not be current or maintained. The Suncorp Group will not be responsible for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred by you in accessing or attempting to access such other sites.
- The Suncorp Group is not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with your use of this web site. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from this web site is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
- Where you wish to send us any information over the Internet, the Suncorp Group is concerned about the security of any such information and takes reasonable measures to ensure it is kept secure. However, the Suncorp Group will not be responsible for any unauthorised access to that information during its transmission to us. If you are not comfortable sending any information over the Internet, please contact the Suncorp Group to discuss alternative methods for providing any information.
The information and material contained in this site is subject to copyright which is owned by the Suncorp Group. For non-commercial purposes only, you may download a single copy of this site and where necessary for its use as a reference, make a single hard copy. Except as provided by the Copyright Act 1968 or any other applicable laws, no part of this site may otherwise be copied, reproduced, adapted or transmitted in any form by any process without the written consent of the Suncorp Group.
The information and material in this site is provided solely for bona fide personal or commercial customers only. By accessing, viewing or otherwise using this website, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of use contained in this clause and clause 12.
You agree that you will not, (either yourself or through any third party):
- use any robot, spider, screen scraper, data aggregation tool or other automatic device or process ("Automated Process") to process, monitor, copy or extract any web pages on this site, or any of the information, content or data contained within or accessible through this site, without the prior written permission of Suncorp;
- use any Automated Process to aggregate or combine information, content or data contained within or accessible through this site with information, content or data accessible via or sourced from any third party;
- use any information on or accessed through this site for any commercial purpose (including but not limited to market research, the provision of pricing estimates or 'shadow shopping') or otherwise (either directly or indirectly) for profit or gain;
- use any device, software, process or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this site or any transaction or process being conducted on or through it;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of or bandwidth connecting to this site;
- reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to discover source code or other arithmetical formula or processes in respect of the software underlying the infrastructure and processes associated with this site; or
- copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display, any part of any content from this site without the prior written permission of Suncorp.
You must only use this website to:
- obtain insurance quotes;
- obtain other information relating to the price of insurance cover from Suncorp;
- conduct insurance related transactions (including using any self-service function to manage your insurance policy) or queries, in respect of insurance cover for you or a member of your immediate family (with their prior consent) or for a commercial enterprise for which you seek bona fide insurance cover; or
- obtain any other information relating to any of the Suncorp Group’s products or services for a bona fide purpose.
You agree not to otherwise use the site to obtain insurance quotes, or to obtain other information relating to the price of insurance cover from a Suncorp Group company or conduct insurance-related transactions or queries.
You also agree to indemnify Suncorp in respect of any liability incurred by Suncorp for any loss, cost damage or expense, howsoever caused, suffered by a Suncorp Group company as a result of your breach of this clause.
The Suncorp Group does not provide in this site any investment, financial product, legal or taxation advice as to the suitability of the products and services described in this site for your particular objectives, financial situation or needs. Financial product and investment advice given in this site, including forecasts and opinions, is general advice only. This advice has been prepared without taking into account your particular objectives, financial situation and needs. You should either assess the advice yourself or seek the help of an adviser.
Financial product advice is provided by representatives of Suncorp Financial Services Pty Ltd ABN 50 010 844 621, Australian Financial Services Licensee.
Any risk management products detailed in this site (eg. foreign exchange and interest rate risk management products) involve risks when using such products. You should seek expert advice before using any such products so you are fully informed as to all risks involved.
Except where specified, the information provided on this site does not form part of any policy or Product Disclosure Statement issued by Suncorp Metway Insurance Ltd, GIO General Ltd or Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws in force in Queensland, Australia and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia and any courts which may hear appeals from those courts in respect of any proceedings in connection with these terms and conditions or this web site.
If you visit the Suncorp Website to read, browse or download information, our computer system will record information such as the date and time of your visit to the Suncorp Website, the pages accessed, navigation paths, broad geo-location, mouse movements and clicks, and any information downloaded. This information is used for statistical, reporting and website administration and maintenance purposes only. It is also used to improve the content and performance of the website. We do not collect any personal information while you visit the Suncorp website.
The Suncorp Website also uses third party services to monitor website use. Reports derived from such monitoring services provide Suncorp with aggregated information only. These reports help Suncorp to maintain, administer and improve the Suncorp Website. We do not collect any personal information via these monitoring services.
Some of the products or services provided in this site require us to provide you with a Product Disclosure Statement or Product Information Document before we provide the product or service to you. You can get a copy of the Product Disclosure Statement or Product Information Document for the relevant product or service by contacting us or at Product Disclosures Statements. Please read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement or Product Information Document before you make any decisions regarding the relevant product or service.
Linking to this Website is only permitted when authorised in writing by Suncorp. Please contact Suncorp if you would like to link to any part of the Suncorp Website.