Suncorp Group IT Scholarship for Women
Suncorp Group IT Scholarship for Women is focussed on empowering girls and women to foster equal economic, education and employment opportunities.
Suncorp is committed to achieving a workforce that is representative of a diverse employment base, the customers that we interact with and the communities within which we operate.
This program has been created to build our female IT workforce of the future and encourage females to participate, prosper, and lead in the global economy.
- 10 week paid placement working in one of the largest internal IT organisations in Australia.
- Experience in Agile project methodology.
- An Executive Manager to mentor and guide you through your placement, challenge your thinking and support your career development
- A Graduate buddy to help you ‘learn the ropes’ and introduce you to our graduate community.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Build your networks
- Build on your skills and knowledge
- Gain confidence
- Get your career on track
- Get feedback on your performance
- Possible ongoing part-time work while you complete your study
- Possible ongoing graduate position when you complete your study.
Applicants must satisfy all of the following:
- Be a female student at an Australian or New Zealand university who has completed one or more years of a Bachelor degree (whether as part of a Bachelor or postgraduate degree).
- Be graduating no later than 2015 (e.g. penultimate year students).
- Be studying an Information Technology related degree (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering, E-Commerce). Dual degrees are highly regarded.
- Maintain an excellent academic record (e.g. credit average plus).
Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply. Past applicants and finalists are also encouraged to re-apply. If you have any questions about eligibility, please email email@example.com
Application for our 2013 scholarships are now closed. Applications for our 2014 scholarships will open on the 23rd of June to the 21st of July 2014.
You will be required to complete an online application form and cognitive ability test (approx. 1hour).
With your application form, please have ready to upload:
- Academic transcript
- Written submission (max 1,000 words) answering the following question: What emerging technologies do you think the Suncorp Group should invest in, and why this would benefit our business?
If successful, you will be notified by email and invited to complete an additional online test (behavioural) and video interview.
A selection panel will assess submissions and allocate scholarships to outstanding applicants, as evidenced by outstanding industry knowledge, excellent communication skills, and a clear passion for women in IT.
Successful applicants will be contacted in August.
For more information about the scholarship, please email the Graduate Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about what its like to work in Suncorp, check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjywRTSU83Q
"My experience as an intern at Suncorp has been unforgettable and the fact that I was accepted through the Women in IT Scholarship program makes it that more special. It definitely gave me an extra edge all throughout the program. Being awarded an experienced mentor allowed me to take advantage of the best of what Suncorp has to offer and also gave me the opportunity to build a bigger and stronger professional network that included inspiring women role models and other brilliant individuals within the company."
Suzan – 2012 Suncorp Women in IT Intern